Epigenetics/Inheritance and the Environment
The genome’s dynamic response to the environment
Epigenetics is an emerging field of science that studies heritable changes caused by the activation and deactivation of genes without any change in the underlying DNA sequence of the organism. The word epigenetics is of Greek origin and literally means over and above (epi) the genome.
Materials for Epigenetics/Inheritance and the Environment
Description: Information, videos, and interactive tutorials on epigenetics
- Source: Genetics Science Learning Center at the University of Utah
- URL: http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/epigenetics/
Description: A classroom activity on epigenetics
- Source: WGBH Educational Foundation
- URL: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/teachers/activities/3411_02_nsn.html
Description: A video program on epigenetics
- Source: WGBH Educational Foundation and Clear Blue Sky Productions, Inc.
- URL: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/epigenetics.html